A breakfast of Champions!
I was up and atom this morning with a new determination to clean up my diet a bit more since it had faltered a few times over the last week.
So with a renewed enthusiasm, and a double training session scheduled this morning I put together my nut based muesli fresh strawberries, blueberries, dollop of yoghurt and Udos Oil.
But with only a half hour window to eat between training sessions what could I prepare to fuel myself for some serious weights later that will be easy to stomach, full of protein and vitamins and minerals?
Ooooooh yeah. Only one thing I could think of: A Super Omelette!
SPINACH, TOMATO & ASPARAGUS OMELETTE
- 8 Grape Tomatoes quartered
- 6 Asparagus Spears quartered
- A handful of chopped baby spinach leaves with stalks removed
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- Salt and Pepper to season (optional)
- Avocado to garnish (optional)
- Spray a non stick frypan with olive oil and heat and soften asparagus spears over a medium heat. Salt if desired and then remove from heat.
- Mix Eggs, milk, salt and pepper together then Blend in spinach and asparagus.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and cook over a medium-low heat until edges can be lifted with a spatula.
- Sprinkle the quartered tomatoes evenly over the top and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until omelette is cooked through with no runny egg on top.
- Remove from pan and garnish with fresh avocado slices.
- Eat and enjoy!