Breakfast on the run!
Finding myself racing to the gym for training, hurriedly showering and then busting out in the Nug mobile to go see my massage therapist meant I was stuck for time with my post workout snack this morning. Nevertheless I had prepared a little beauty of a snack late last night to accommodate for such situations. This little gem is so quick and easy to make even I could do it without fudging it and with its simple ingredient list there’s was nothing I didn’t already have in the cupboard either.
Ideal for breakfast on the run, or also a super powered protein snack post workout, these egg and ham cups are ideal for an anytime snack and they stay good for a few days after preparing so you can cook them in advance like I did.
Try them and enjoy, I promise you wont be disappointed!
I rate these oooooooooo 10 chia seeds out of 10
Dean rates them ooooooo 7 chia seeds out of 10 (he suggests the lower rating is only because they would be better with bacon, I argue it’s too hard to make into a cup with bacon)
EGG & HAM CUPS
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Shallots, finely chopped
- 12 large eggs
- 12 slices of your choice of ham
- Preheat oven to 200 deg celsius
- Saute shallots and mushrooms in skillet with a small amount of butter
- Coat a muffin pan with olive oil spray or other oil and place ham slices in cups. You may want to cut a sliver in each ham slice to allow it to fold over itself when placed in the round muffin cup.
- Spoon out the sautéed mushroom shallot mixture into each cup
- Crack individual eggs into the ham cups
- Cook for 15 or so minutes or until the edge of the ham is slightly crispy and eggs are white.