Salmon & 4 Veg – Din Dins for two!
As per normal I was faced with the usual dilemma. Bugger.
It was Wednesday night, traditionally my cooking night and I had absolutely no idea what I was going to cook!
A long stroll through the supermarket ignited a brain wave. Fish, we haven’t had fish for a while. Normally I’m super anal about making sure fish is on the menu on at least a weekly basis but as of late my attention to the issue had wavered.
Right, I was now on a mission. First stop Salmon, next the fresh veg section.
And so the creation was born:
I rate this recipe o o o o o o o o 8 chia seeds out of 10, a 9 without the sauce.
CRISPY SKINNED SALMON TOPPED WITH PRAWNS
& GREEN ‘INI’S’ ON A BED OF SWEET POTATO AND CAULIFLOWER MASH
- Salmon fillets
- 1 bunch of Broccolini
- 1 Zucchini chopped into roasting size pieces
- Olive oil spray
- 1 Sweet potato, chopped into roasting size pieces
- 6 Cauliflower florets
- Curry Powder to season mash
- Salt and pepper to season mash
Hollandaise Sauce should be left out for a healthier option.
- Raw fresh Prawns for topping
- 1 packet gravox hollandaise sauce
- Preheat oven to around 200 deg
- Line a roasting tray with baking paper and place chopped zucchini and sweet potato on a tray each.
- Place sweet potato in oven and bake for about 15 mins, or until half soft. Remove sweet potato from oven and place in zucchini bake for about 15 mins.
- Next put cauliflower florets into a food processor and process until cauliflower looks like mushy rice.
- Add in half-cooked sweet potato and blend together until turned into a chunky looking mash.
- Use a steamer pot to steam broccolini on a low-med heat for about 10 minutes
- While broccolini is cooking, heat 2 fry pans sprayed with olive oil both on a med-high heat.
- In one pan cook your salmon, fry until it is crispy skinned and looks 3/4 way cooked through before flipping and cooking for a shorter time on the other side.
- In the second pan put in your sweet potato and cauli mash, keep turning over to heat through without sticking, add in curry powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove Zucchini from oven when it is soft, and remove broccolini once it is just soft enough to start to prick with a fork.
- Plate up and enjoy!
Sauce & Prawns:
- Fry prawns until just cooked.
- Heat sauce in small pan over med heat, add in extra spices if desired, salt and pepper, lemon/lime juice if you like.
- Mix together and spoon over top of fish.