My Favourite Cheat Snack
I was enthusiastic over the weekend to try and use up some of the many nuts and packets of almond flour I had in the cupboard. And so I decided to make a couple of my all time favourites. One being Paleo Choc Chip Cookies. Now I know chocolate certainly isn’t all that paleo, but I like to make a compromise which is why I use unsweetened dark choc chips. I also make some for Dean who prefers milk chocolate as well so that can also be done if you prefer although that certainly increases the sugar content.
I have also made this recipe in the past using chopped up dates instead of chocolate chips which are still just as nice, but in some peoples opinion don’t quite measure up to the choc chip version. Do with it what you please and enjoy!
I rate these oooooooooo 10 chia seeds out of 10
Dean rates them ooooooo 7 chia seeds out of 10
CHOC CHIP PALEO COOKIES
- 3 Cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/2 Cup Raw Honey (less if you prefer them less sweet)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp of Baking Soda (less if you like flatter cookies)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Semi-Sweet Dark Choc Chips (can use chopped up dates instead)
- Preheat oven to 180 deg celsius
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- Next, in a seperate bowl beat the eggs honey and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined.
- Melt the coconut oil and put aside.
- Next bit by bit pour the wet ingredients into the dry and beat to make a cookie dough.
- Slowly add in the coconut oil and keep blending the mixture. Then add in chocoalte chips (or dates)
- Place Tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough onto baking tray and flatten slightly with fork.
- Bake cookies for about 10 minutes in oven or until the edges start going slightly golden.
- Remove from heat and leave to cool in pan for about 5 minutes. Then place cookies onto a cooling rack until completely cooled.